Saturday, August 7, 2010

Jackapotamus is selling a design SO MUCH like ours!

Jackapotamus, a store in Santa Monica, is selling a kids' shirt with a T-Rex skeleton that wraps around the side. It's a little different from ours, but the idea is so very similar. I saw it on a toddler in Santa Monica today and promptly told his mom the following story:
I met Cassandra, the owner of Jackapotamus, some time ago. We discussed my possibly selling shirts in her co-op store on Main Street. Two months later, she told me I could sell shirts in her store, but not the dinosaur skeletons because she was going to make her own. And now I've seen the T-Rex shirt. I can't prove there's a connection, but gosh...
What also looks suspicious to me is that the shirt doesn't appear in her online stores. It's harder for me to spot if I can't find it on the Internet, right?
My designs are all original, hand drawn by me (not traced from another picture reference), and I'm mighty proud of that. So, to get your hands on the ORIGINAL T-Rex wraparound design, visit themightysquirm.com! --Thea

No comments:

Post a Comment